To cultivate and inspire integrated and natural health care that focuses on education, performance enhancement, and lifelong vitality in the field of Sport Acupuncture.
To provide highly qualified and skilled Registered Acupuncturists, dedicated to maintaining professional excellence, safe, natural and effective care, through continued training and education in the field of Sport Acupuncture.
- To distinguish acupuncture as a form of treatment requiring extensive study in the long established medical field of TCM.
- To demonstrate that our additional ongoing training in health, wellness and sports acupuncture, further augments our expertise in the field of Sports Acupuncture.
- To educate athletes, trainers, and other athlete health professionals how acupuncture can be used as a primary method of treatment for injury, injury prevention, optimal health, and performance enhancement.
- To build on our participation in the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games; to continue to bring Canadian athletes to the highest levels of competitive performance in the world.
- To offer acupuncture to all levels of athletes, athletic training and performance enhancement, in a natural, safe, drugless and effective manner.
Board & Executive
The current Board Directors and Co-Chairs of the BCSAA are Chris Vallee, Ian Dunsmuir, and Sonia F. Tan.
The BC Sport Acupuncture Association is a not-for-profit society incorporated under the BC Societies Act.